A university of excellence acknowledged in the country and the Asia-Pacific Region for quality graduates and knowledge responsive to socio-economic needs
Provide quality and relevant education that will develop highly qualified and competitive human resources responsive to national and regional development
- To provide quality, responsive and relevant education that will produce highly qualified and competitive graduates
- To generate and disseminate appropriate knowledge and technologies that will promote sustainable resource development
- To help uplift the socio-economic conditions of rural and urban communities
- To develop harmonious and co-operative University-community relationships
- To enhance revenue generating capability towards self-reliance
- To achieve high level of competency and efficiency of entrepreneurial and auxiliary services
Main Campus is well-known in the field of engineering and technology. Since its inception in 1953, the Main Campus ( formerly Bataan National School of Arts and Trades or BNSAT) was among the country’s top-producers of high-caliber technician-leaders needed by industries both locally and abroad.
The campus houses the machineries and equipment acquired through various foreign grants such as the Technical Vocational Education Project (TVEP) funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in the early ‘80s; the Philippine Australia Technical Vocational Education Project (PATVEP) in 1989, and the P23-million German-funded project in automotive technology in 2004.
Another niche in the field of engineering branched out as a result of the campus’ firm foundation in technological instruction. With industry-based shop layout and equipment, and a pool of well-trained instructors, the campus offered engineering courses in 1997. Five years after the offering of engineering courses, graduates began to compete side by side with the graduates of top universities and colleges in the country, bringing glory to their alma mater.
Today, aside from technology and engineering courses, the Main Campus has academic programs in the fields of information and communications technology (ICT), business and nursing. Likewise, the School of Advanced Studies, also located in the campus, caters to the needs of professionals in the province for advanced learning.
With its past contribution to the socio-economic development, the Main Campus will continue to serve as the catalyst of positive change in the province and in the country.
|Year Established||:||1953 (Republic Act 903)|
|Year Converted into a State College||:||1998 (Republic Act 8562)|
|Year Converted into a State University||:||2007 (Republic Act 9403)|
|Land Area||:||6.5 hectares|
|Location||:||City of Balanga, Bataan, Philippines|
|Campus’ Common Name||:||Main Campus, BNSAT (“bansat”), Trade|
|Enrollment (as of August 2015)||:||8812 students|
|Faculty (as of Janury 2016)||:||203 faculty|
|Staff (as of January 2016)||:||202 staff|
|Fields of Specialization||:||Technology, Engineering and ICT|
Located at the heart of the City of Balanga, the Balanga Campus (BC) is the smallest campus in terms of land area, but the biggest in terms of enrollment.
From its humble beginnings in 1970, BC was known as the Bataan Community College (BCC). Created to provide the youth of the province access to higher education at minimal cost, BCC opened its door to the public by offering the first two years of the following courses: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration , Bachelor of Science in Education, and Bachelor of Arts. In 1974, two-year courses were offered such as midwifery and junior secretarial. As years progressed, the institution grew in numbers in terms of students, faculty and staff. In 1984, the Board of Trustees renamed the campus into Bataan Colleges.
In 1991, the campus took a bold step when it offered BS Nursing program, which was the first nursing course in the province during that time. With the labor of all the people behind BCC, the nursing program gained recognition both in the domestic and international scenes. The campus has made a tradition of producing topnotchers in licensure examinations for nurses and midwives, thereby putting itself among the line-up of respected universities and colleges in the country.
Through the years, BC has been fervent in addressing the needs of the community by providing relevant and responsive education to the youth. And with the same zeal towards service, the Balanga Campus will undauntedly face the challenges of the unfolding future.
||:||1970 (Provincial Board Resolution 131)|
|Year Integrated into BPSC||:||1998 (Republic Act 8562)|
|Year Converted into BPSU||:||2007 (Republic Act 9403)|
||:||City of Balanga, Bataan, Philippines|
|Campus’ Common Name||:||BC, BCC|
|Enrollment (as of August 2015)||:||4213 students|
|Faculty (as of January 2016)
|Staff (as of January 2016)||:||65 staff|
|Fields of Specialization||:||Nursing, Education, Business, Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Campus Director||:||Magdalena A. Abella, MAEd|
Orani Campus was created by virtue of Republic Act 4468 in 1965 to provide curricular instruction on secondary home industries and opportunity classes for the exploitation and fabrication of indigenous raw materials into well-designed standardized handicraft articles. It was originally known as the Bataan National School for Filipino Craftsmen (BNSFC).
For decades, the campus provided livelihood to the local of Orani and the nearby municipalities by equipping its students with skills that enabled them to be handicraft producers. In 1995, through Republic Act 7914, BNSFC was renamed into Bataan National Polytechnic School (BNPS).
In 1998, BNPS became a CHED Supervised Institution (CSI), and almost a year after, it was integrated to BPSC (now BPSU) by virtue of Republic Acts 8292, 7792 and 8475.
Today, the Orani Campus has grown into a campus offering courses in various fields of disciplines such as technology, education, business and ICT. Also, the campus is envisioned to be the University’s sports center because of its available space for the construction of sports facilities.
|Year Established||:||1965 (Republic Act 4468)|
|Year Integrated into BPSC||:||1998 (Republic Act 8745)|
|Year Converted into BPSU||:||2007 (Republic Act 9403)|
|Land Area||:||8.5 hectares|
|Location||:||Brgy. Bayan, Bataan, Philippines|
|Campus’ Common Name||:||BN|
|Enrollment (as of August 2015)||:||1403 students|
|Faculty (as of January 2016)||:||61 faculty|
|Staff (as of January 2016)||:||68 staff|
|Fields of Specialization||:||Technical-Vocational Courses|
|Campus Director||:||Dr. Yolanda B. Simbul|
Strategically located along the intersections of Bataan, Olongapo City and Pampanga, the Dinalupihan Campus was originally known as the Bataan Teachers College (BTC), created in November 1988 through House Resolution 387.
In 1992 it was renamed Bataan College of Science and Technology (BCST) so that it would be able to offer courses other than Teacher Education. In 1995, Republic Act 7913 was passed into law converting the campus into a state college known as the Bataan State College (BSC), and integrating therewith the Bataan National Agricultural School (BNAS). The BCST/BTC was made the main campus of BSC, and BNAS a satellite campus.
On March 22, 2007, due to the integration of BSC into BPSU as per Republic Act 9403, the BSC’s main campus was renamed Dinalupihan Campus. Today, aside from its original teacher education courses, the Dinalupihan Campus is offering BS Nursing, BS Hotel and Restaurant Management, BS Civil Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering and Associate in Computer Technology.
|Year Established||:||1988 (House Resolution 387)|
|Year Converted into a State College||:||1995 (Republic Act 7913)|
|Year Integrated to BPSU
||:||2007 (Republic Act 9403)|
|Land Area||:||1.3 hectares|
||:||San Ramon, Dinalupihan, Bataan, Philippines|
|Campus’ Common Name||:||BTC|
|Enrollment (as of August 2015)||:||2959 students|
|Faculty (as of January 2016)||:||62 faculty|
|Staff (as of January 2016)||:||37 staff|
|Fields of Specialization||:||Teacher Education|
|Campus Director||:||Dr. Maria Fe V. Roman|
Nestled in the agricultural town of Abucay, the campus is the largest among the five campuses of the University, comprising 67 hectares of agricultural land and forming part of the Bataan Natural Park.
Abucay Campus was established in 1957 and was known as the Bataan Agricultural School. In 1960, it was renamed Bataan National Agricultural School (BNAS), which is the popular name of the campus until today. In 1995, it was integrated to the Bataan Teachers College (now, Dinalupihan Campus) causing the creation of the former Bataan State College.
Considered as a gold mine of the University, the Abucay Campus is envisioned to be the center of University’s research and production activities specially in the field of agriculture. At present, the campus houses the College of Agriculture offering Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (BS Agri), Bachelor of Agricultural Engineering (BSAE) and Bachelor of Agricultural Technology (BAT).
||:||1957 (Republic Act 1965)|
|Year Integrated into BSC||:||1995 (Republic Act 7913)|
|Year Integrated to BPSU||:||2007 (Republic Act 9403)|
|Land Area||:||67 hectares|
|Location||:||Brgy. Bangkal, Abucay, Bataan, Philippines|
|Campus’ Common Name||:||BNAS (banas)|
|Enrollment (as of August 2015)||:||844 students|
|Faculty (as of January 2016)||:||29 faculty|
|Staff (as of January 2016)||:||47 staff|
|Fields of Specialization
|Campus Director||:||Ms. Evelyn S. Tria|