The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Gender and Development Focal Point System of the Bataan Peninsula State University. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and other materials that will be produced by and used in any activities of the BPSU GFPS.
1. The contest is open to bona fide students and employees of Bataan Peninsula State University. CHRE and GAD members are automatically disqualified from the competition.
2. Participants can be an individual or a group of individuals.
3. Only one (1) entry is allowed per participant or group.
4. Groups must be represented by one (1) Team Leader who shall fill out the Official Entry Form and receive the award.
1. Secure an Official Entry Form from the GFPS Campus Chairperson.
2. Accomplished Official Entry Form, printout copy of the design, and explanations of the symbols in the logo must be submitted to the GFPS Campus Chairpersons:
Abucay Campus - Ms. Ana Maria C. Buraga
Balanga/Bagac Campus - Ms. Erna Liza C. Mateo
Dinalupihan Campus - Dr. Perla B. Estrella
Main Campus - Ms. Lirio C. Baluyot
Orani Campus - Ms. Digna M. De Guzman
3. Electronic copy of the logo, in scalable vector in PSD or JPG format, with explanation of the symbols must be e-mailed to
4. Deadline of submission of entry forms, print out and electronic copy of the logo design is on 30 April 2013.
C. Logo Design Parameters
1. The design must embody the following crucial concepts:
a. Gender Sensitivity
b. Gender Equality
c. Gender Responsiveness
d. BPSU Core Values (Excellence, Transparency, Honesty, Initiative, Creativity, Synergy, and Community spirit)
2. The design must include the word “BPSU GFPS”.
3. Logos can be designed manually, then scanned and converted into scalable vector in PSD or JPG format. Participants may also use software applications to design the logo, then converted into the same formats.
4. Minimum size of the logo in print: 1 inch wide and 1 inch high (for square shape) or 2 inches wide and 1 inch high (for rectangular shape). If the design is wider than the aforementioned figures, the height should be increased proportionately.
5. For the electronic format, the size should be not below 100 pixels.
6. Initials of the participant(s) should not be included in the logo.
7. Entries must not be similar to any existing logos or copyrighted images to avoid plagiarism and intellectual property charges.
Selection of Winners
1. The BPSU GFPS reserves the right not to select a winner if no suitable entries are received.
2. BPSU GFPS reserves the right to disqualify any entry at its sole discretion.
3. A panel of judges duly constituted by the BPSU GFPS shall select the winning design.
4. Judges shall come from external organizations to avoid bias.
5. Logo designs shall be uploaded in the BPSU GFPS Facebook page in order to earn “Likes” from 01 May 2013 until 11:59PM of 15 May 2013, Philippine time.
6. Criteria for Judging
Visual Appeal - 30%
Symbolisms, Use of Color
in relation to crucial concepts - 55%
Facebook “Likes” - 15%
Awarding of Winner
1. Decision of judges shall be final and executor. No appeal will be entertained once the winner is announced.
2. Announcement of winner shall be made via Facebook post on 16 May 2013.
3. Awarding of prizes shall also be announced via FB post, via email and SMS to the designer of the winning entry.
4. The designer of the winning entry shall receive:
a. Cash prize of Php20,000.00
b. The right to be identified as the designer of the logo.
5. Cash award shall be rewarded to the participant. For groups, the cash award shall be given to the Team Leader.
6. The winner shall be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to BPSU.
7. The winning entry shall be registered with the Intellectual Property Office and the National Historical Commission.