Members of the Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers (PSME) from the University participated in the PSME Technocon themed “Thermoplastic Science” by Universal Techno Piping Corp. last October 2, 2010 at Louis Resort and Restaurant.
The event was participated in by mechanical engineering students and professionals from state-run and private universities and colleges in Central Luzon. The said technocon is the most attended in the history of PSME Bataan’s conduct of similar events.
A Technocon Innovation contest was also held during the event where two innovations from BPSU’s mechanical engineering students were identified among the top 5 best innovations. The following are the best innovations presented during the event:
- Champion-BHMC via Universal Bike Generator (Bataan Heroes Memorial College
- 1st Runner Up- Drum Opener (Bataan Heroes Memorial College)
- 2nd Runner Up- Grating Machine (Ramon Magsaysay Technological University)
- 3rd Runner Up- Portable Electric Bike (Bataan Peninsula State University) Organic Waste Shredder (Ramon Magsaysay Technological University)
- 4th Runner Up-Portable Auto Claving Machine (Bataan Peninsula State University)
Engineers Raymond Lazo, Juanito Mateo, Juanito Caragay from Petron Bataan Refinery, Engr. Jose Solomon of Petroleum Authority of Thailand and Engineer Mark Perilles David of DJ Roque Construction Inc. served as panel of jury who rated the innovations presented.