A manifestation of the growing involvement of the Balanga Campus in research building activities was the holding of the 1st Students’ R & D In-House Review with the theme “Students’ Research Activity: A National Challenge” held on April 15, 2010 at the College of Nursing and Midwifery and at the Accreditation Room.
The said activity served as an avenue for the presentation of students’ researches through oral and poster paper presentation which was coordinated by Mrs. Wilma B. Tumaliuan, Balanga Campus Associate Director for Research with the College of Nursing and Midwifery, College of Education, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the College of Business and Accountancy.
The following papers were adjudged best papers:
Best Paper:Psychosocial Organizational Climate and Employees’s Work Attitude of NPC Alliance Corporation – Jowella G. Caño, et. al. (CSBS)
2nd Best Paper:Predictors of Problems in Contemporary Mathematics of First Year BSE Students- Jerome D. Caparas (CoEd)
3rd Best Paper:Mastery Level in Geometric Theorems and Properties of Third Year Students of Orion National High School in Relation to Some Variables- Anne V. Vinzon (CoEd)
Other papers presented during the In-House Review were :
- Level of Learning Deficiencies Encountered by BSEd II Mathematics Students in Solving Identities at the Bataan Peninsula State University- Rosali S. Halili (CoEd)
- Intricacies Experienced by Fourth Year Students in Pablo Roman National High School in Solving Right Triangle Trigonometry
- Mushroom Tempura – Roselyn a. Solomon, et. al- CBA
- A Comparative Study Between the Use of Herbal Medicine and Synthetic Medicine – BSN 3 (CNM)
- Emotional, Psychological and Physiological Conditions of Pregnant Women of Bagac, Bataan – Katlyn Sherryle P. Buenaventura, et.al. (CNM)
- Evaluation on the Effectiveness of Physical Fitness Program of the Municipal Administration of Orani, Bataa – Arvin Pascual (CNM)
- Physical Activities and Exercise Among the Members of the Senior Citizens Group in Dinalupihan, Bataan for the Year 2009- Mark Anthony Dimarucut, et. al. (CNM)
The panel of critics was composed of the R&D Director, Mrs. Arlene D. Ibanez; RDO’s Science Research Specialist, Mr. Reynan P. Calderon; and the Orani Campus’ Associate Director for Research and Extension, Dr. Felicisima E. Tungol.