The recently concluded Abucay Campus R & D In-House Review held at the Linangang Pansakahan ng Bataan, BPSU Abucay Campus on June 26, 2012 showcased the presentation of four (4) papers in the Research Category and seven (7) papers in the Development Category. The papers were evaluated by guest critics from the CLARRDEC and Central Luzon State University headed by Dr. Timoteo M. Aganon, CLARRDEC Director and CLSU Vice-President for Research, Extension and Training.
Inspirational messages were shared by Mr. Herminio L. Miguel, Abucay Campus Director and Dr. Timoteo M. Aganon, CLARRDEC Director who both emphasized the im[portance of research in a higher educational institution like BPSU. Dr. Aganon also mentioned how well the university is showing in terms of its participation in various CLARRDEC projects and activities. Present during this event were the faculty researchers and senior students, the RDO staff in Abucay, Balanga and the Main Campus. The Area Chairmen for Research Dr. Perla B. Estrella (Dinalupihan Campus), Dr. Felicisima E. Tungol (Orani Campus), Mrs Wilma B. Tumaliuan (Balanga Campus) and Dir. Arlene D. Ibañez witnessed the paper presentations.
The paper “Needs Assessment of Dinalupihan Economic Community MPC:Focusing on Complementative Rice Production-based Enterprise” presented by Ms. Zorille dela Cruz won the Best Paper Award for the Research Category while the paper on “Science and Technology –Based Farm on Slaughter Goat Production in Balanga City” presented by Dr. Roberto Rosario was chosen the Best Paper for the Development category. On the other hand, the Best Presentor Award was given to Mrs. Ria-Ann L. Dizon for her presentation of “Science and Technology-Based Farm for Sweet Potato Using Clean Planting Materials”. Papers were evaluated according to the following criteria:
Creativity, originality and quality of work 30%
Significance of Findings 40%
Presentation 15% 100%
The complete list of presented and winning papers are as follows:
- Needs Assessment of Binukawan-Bikol Marketing Cooperative: Focusing on Business Enterprise of Farm Mechanization by Dr. Gregorio J. Rodis, Mr. Reynan P. Calderon, Engr. Jonathan E. Lacayanga, Mr. Jose Paulo B. Tuazon, Ms. Zorille dela Cruz, Ms. Mirasol Rosario, Ms. Andrea de Jesus (Best Paper)
- Needs Assessment of Dinalupihan Economic Community MPC:Focusing on Business Enterprise of Farm Mechanization by Dr. Gregorio J. Rodis, Mr. Reynan P. Calderon, Engr. Jonathan E. Lacayanga, Mr. Jose Paulo B. Tuazon, Ms. Zorille Dela Cruz, Ms. Mirasol Rosario, Ms. Andrea De Jesus (2nd Best Paper)
- Socio-economic Analysis of Aerobic Rice Production and Utilization in the Philippines by Mr. Reynan P. Calderon, Engr. Jonathan E. lacayanga, Mr. Jose Paulo B. Tuazon, Engr. Walter Valdez, Ms. Ria-Ann L. Dizon (2nd Best Paper)
- Growth and Yield Response of Rice (Oryza sativa L.) to Different Levels of Organic Fertilizers and Treated Hog Manure Under Aerobic Rice Technlogy (Wet and Dry Season) by Engr. Jonathan E. Lacayanga, Mr. Fernando V. Gonzales, Mrs. Editha A. Ganado
- Science and Technology Based Farm (STBF) on Slaughter Goat Production in Balanga City by Dr. Roberto Rosario (Best Paper)
- Science and Technology Based Farm on Sweet potato Production Using Clean Planting Materials by Mr. Reynan P. Calderon, Engr. Jonathan E. Lacayanga, Ms. Ria-Ann L. Dizon (2nd Best Paper & Best Presentor)
- STBF on Improved Productivity of Coffee thru Rejuvenation and Appropriate Cultural Management Techniques by Forester Romualdo de Guzman, Jr.
- STBF on Off-Season Organic Tomato Production in Hermosa, Bataan by Engr. Jonathan E. Lacayanga
- STBF on Improved Production of Pineapple at Samal, Bataan by Mrs. Editha A. Ganado
- STBF on Saba Processing and Production by Mrs. Zoila M. Duque
- STBF on Slaughter Goat Production under Complete Confinement by Dr. Hermogenes M. Paguia
Winning papers received cash prizes of Php 2,500.00 for the Best Paper, Php 2,000.00 for the 2nd Best Paper while the Best Presentor received P1000.00.Non-winning entries also received cash incentive of P1000.00 . Certificates of Recognition were also awarded to the paper presenters. The two best papers will automatically represent BPSU during the regional research conference at the Philippine Carabao Center, Science City, Muñoz, Nueva Ecija in August 2012. (Article and photo from: BPSU-RDO)